Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy

Long story short we have been together 81/2 years poster boy

Customer Question

Long story short we have been together 81/2 years poster boy perfect for 7 I noticed there was dramatic change in my girlfriends personality it went on & got worse, i started seeing images in photos of her, it seemed there was a legion of demons at my residence. I had a priest com & was told that they are after your girlfriend & want you out of the way. I know this sounds far fetched. I had 2 others confirm this. Her eyes have changed color among other things. Last week she said she couldn't see me anymore without a reason. Says I love you & care about you thsts it. If I mention this to snyone they think I'm crazy, she told our friends that I was doing drugs so anything said in this regard is discredited. Any advice, it's a bit unusual to the least. I'm really concerned for her well being as she seems to be in anthers control.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am so very sorry to hear about what is going on. I understand how upsetting this is to you. However if she says that she doesn't want to see you anymore you need to ask her why. This way you will get her side of the story.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Are you there so that we may continue with our chat so that I'll understand better what is going on?

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

If things were so perfect for 7 years maybe you can chronicle what has happened in the last year and a half so that things will be clearer to me in being able to help you with this.

Customer : Yes I'm here thanks
Customer : Yes I have asked and she says it's not good right now. Not really reason just not now, nothing makes any it's like she's a different person
Customer : Personality change, became agitated over anything, she would hear the opposite to what I was saying, eg pay her a complement,&'she hear an insult. Said the cruelest things you wouldn't say to anyone to me all the time. My mouth would be open with shock &'was never remorseful or sorry afterwards either. Shall I go on?
Customer : I did leave out a bit
Customer : I started renovations a couple of months these entities really started to attack me and I couldn't sleep. I had 2 exorcism each time over of these things were excised from my body. This seemed to the straw that broke camels back, she said I cannot help with these things & I don't think we can be together. (this is off her text recently) it feels weird I must have a 100 cards of her pouring her heart out & know this it just seem to fit
Customer : Left 50 or so entities excised
Customer : This doesn't seem to fit
Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Let me read what you wrote and I'll respond.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Explain to me what you mean by, "I started renovations a couple of months these entities really started to attack me and I couldn't sleep. I had 2 exorcism each time over of these things were excised from my body." I don't understand what this means exactly.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

May I also ask you your age and your girlfriend's age.

Customer : Renovate or remodel my hm & was I guess it disturbed these entities
Customer : We are 48 each
Customer : Youve seen the movie exorcist? It was like that except no special effects no head twisting or green vomit just things comming out of me i could hear them hitting the wall. Very bizarre I know, if you were told I was on drugs & then tried to explain this u would not believe any of it. She did that first so I no credibility so I'm stuck, hey this is a tough one. We are dealing a subject mostly not talked or believed but it is real. I didn't believe either until it happened me.
Dr. Shirley Schaye :

It's hard to say what is making her move away, not knowing her except that she may be upset by what is going on with you. Have you tried seeing if she would be willing to go to couples counseling with you. If she won't go with you, it might be helpful for you to see someone alone to help you through this.

Customer : She will not see our chineses medicine doctor who performs exorcisms we see him regularly for maintaince anyway but now won't go
Customer : Is there anything else?
Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Will she be willing to go to a couples copunselor?

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

OOPS!!! counselor counselor

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Sorry --- couples counselor

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

If she is not willing to go to your Chinese medical doctor then ask her what she would like to do. Start with where she is. She may then be more amenable to looking into what's going on.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Other than that, I think it might be a good idea for you to see a therapist to sort things out so that you are not dealing with this all by yourself.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I'm sorry to say that there is nothing we can say to force her to do what she doesn't want to do. That's why I am saying that you now start with what she would like to do. That is one way to get started.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Let me know your thoughts.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I see that you stepped out of this chat. I will be available until 7:00 PM and will be out for the evening. Feel free to enter whatever you wish. If you should enter anything after 7:00 PM I will respond upon my return.

Customer : She thinks I'm the one with the problem so that wouldn't work. I even offered her 10k to go see our chinese medicine guy & her best friend 10k to take her. No go.
Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Hi there.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Again, I ask, would she go to a couples counselor if she thinks its not her problem but would be there to support you? Otherwise, I'm afraid there is nothing that you will be able to do if she is not willing to get help together with you to sort out your problems.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I'm here if you neede me. I am going to sleep shortly but I will check back with you tomorrow.

Customer : I will ask her but here is the dilemma, if ask I may be speaking to the controlling entity probably get a no then, if it's her I don't know.
Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Try asking and see. But because of the responses you gave don't make it seem like it is her fault, otherwise she will not cooperate. See if she wants to work on things together to get things back on track. The couples therapist will then take it from there --- work on her issues and work on your issues. If the couples therapist thinks that either of you needs individual therapy then s/he will go from there.