Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist

Thanks for your response. It seems to be on target. Counseling

Thanks for your response. It seems to be on target. Counseling has been suggested but does not want anything on record whatsoever. I would appreciate any/ all ideas to gradually steer him in the right direction and offer some sort of an explanation to his siblings about their behavior in reaction.
The records that are kept by counselors are not public and have doctor/patient confidentiality. It is difficult to suggest the right path with something that is very specific to the individual. What may work for one person may make someone else upset, so it is hard for me to get very detailed without knowing him or his tendencies to different behaviors. I don't know the situation of which he became this "new" person, how long it has been and I don't have any background information to base my advice on. Basically speaking, you want to be sensitive to the situation but at the same time making your point clear. Based on your question before, you are really doing a good job in handling this. I know it can be frustrating when someone doesn't see the effects they have on others. As far as his siblings go, I'm certain that they would understand the truth. He is going through a really rough time right now and he acts and says things he doesn't mean or that are exaggerated.
It is difficult to try and help someone who needs to discover that they need help. Hopefully, time will be a help.