JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.

How can you tell if a guy likes you or not, whether hes shy

How can you tell if a guy likes you or not, whether he's shy or confident?

Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a Licensed Professional Counselor. Please note, this is not therapy, but information. I do hope I can help you though.

That can be tough. Can you give some more details? What makes you think he might like you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well he gives me high fives, if i look up we'll catch each others eyes for a couple seconds, we joke around with each other, he asked my what time my shift is over twice, remembered to give me something he forgot to the day before

Well, i am guessing you are shy yourself. Is this correct? You mentioned it might be confidence. What made you say this?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am shy. I thought that there would be different signs on whether or not a guy liked you depending on if he was a shy person or confident.
Ahh, that makes more sense. I wasn't following you. I would think if he were confident, you wouldn't have to ask this question. He would have already made it known. If he were shy or at least insecure around girls, he might do what You are mentioning...flirting and beating around the bush. Honestly, to me the big question is, how are you going to get past yours and his shyness and maybe get to the next level of this relationship?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My friends say that I should tell him how I feel, but I'm afraid of rejection and the last time I see him is this Saturday I think.
Lets get a game plan then! Is this shyness of yours based on past rejection or is it something you have struggled with all your life?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My mom says thgat I was always shy as a kid at first, but after a while I was outgoing. Then later on in life I found out tgat my biological dad left before I was born, so tgat has always made me feel like I wasn't even born yet and I was rejected. Then with my mom's divorce three years ago, my step dad was never really a good husband or father.

That explains it a lot. I really do think you need to work through this rejection. You might consider seeking therapy.. Now, give me a game plan for asking him out. you can do this. The worse case scenario is he says no and then you know and you ask the next guy out.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well either tomorrow or Saturday, when i see him, I could get him alone and tell him.
Well, for what it is worth, I wouldn't necessarily say I like him at this point...though nothing wrong with that. Maybe just point out you would like to keep in touch and ask him on a casual date. Maybe mention lunch some time very soon. Be specific though. Set a time and place. Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it does :-)
I hope I was helpful to you. Could you do me a favor and leave me positive feedback at the prompting so I can be compensated for my service to you?
Hi! I appreciate you allowing me to help you maybe arrive at a solution the other day. I hope I was helpful. Let me know if I can help you in any other way.

John Michaels, MS, LPC