Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.

How can I help someone see the rod that is in their eye?
We are having conflict and I know a better way to handle the situation but they insist on their own way which is not only hurtful to themselves but to others as well.
What you want to do is show the person examples so that they can see a different side. Often times people are dealing with a problem. People when they get upset don't think clearly. In order to see things correctly the person needs to understand there are many ways to handle things and giving examples on how to handle things will help. Even if you think the person is not listening. They are hearing what you say.