psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

ra - 614

Customer Question

We are in daily contact via texts and phone calls, sharing what happens in our day. So, it feels we are back to our relationship before the 'dispute'. He asked me get away for a few days, and I view this gathering as an opportunity to discuss our relationship, how we feel and a path moving forward.
With an exception of a couple of small gestures there is not much romantic in our interactions; our conversations sound like we are a couple who lived together for a few years, routines, concerns... I have to note that both of us went through rough time in July - job, money, other... Both showed support to each other in those times, and I understand in those times romance is last thing one wants to think of; so, should I be concerned that all we have is an established a bond, but no great romance will be between us?
It seems I can not stop questioning this relationship; Is it not normal to evaluate your relationship once in while to see we you are with your partner, satisfied or not, etc.?

With thanks
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
still waiting for a reply
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.

I am just getting your question but the answer is yes, many couples find themselves reevaluating the relationship over a continual basis even after many years. You do however have to know what the parameters of your relationship are. What exactly is the relationship and how do you both see this relationship in your life. A relationship has to be a meeting of the minds. You should encourage him to talk about the relationship. A pause has to be explored so that the conflict is resolved. For the relationship to progress there has to be deeper communication. Find a starting place and begin on the same page

Please press excellent rating if I have helped you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No need for additional information