Ryan LCSW, Relationships
Experience:  Professional therapist

ryan, (you answered my other question about the campaingn of

ryan, (you answered my other question about the campaingn of alienation) my spouse says if i had agreed with everything his ex said asking for $ or other things, that he wouldnt have these problems with their kids because she wouldnt have started this all up. since i never said anything mean or criticizing (nothing at all just that ins should be used for the med bills) and the kids would have not been alienated by her. is this true? am I just wrong?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ryan LCSW replied 4 years ago.
Thanks again for your question and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

It's possible that if you had agreed with everything the ex said that it would have avoided some of these problems. However, it also doesn't make sense to agree with everything someone says just to avoid conflict. If you were being polite and were not criticizing, it would seem that you have a right to disagree. It is just very unfortunate the way this turned out, even though it seems like there was no way for you to know that. What your spouse is saying could be true if you had handled it that way, but it also doesn't seem like you're wrong to have handled it the way you did.

Let me know what you think and if I can be of any more help.

All the best,