Santo B
Santo B, Social Worker
Experience:  Clinical Social Work
17796469

hi santo i spoke to my wife said we should make a new

hi santo
i spoke to my wife
said we should make a new beggining and not dwell on past performance
she kept bringing up past issues and says she still wants to seperate

Santo B :

I am surprised to hear that.

Santo B :

Did she give you a chance to at least talk it though with her, and what did you speak to her about. that was pretty quick, and I expected that conversation to be planned and last a bit longer.

You were offline. Please continue to ask questions, if I am not online please allow sometime for me to respond. Thanks.
I just saw your new "Already Tried". Based on our prior conversation and what you told me, I don't think it would be a good idea to give her space and leave the home. I think that you should insist that she give you a bit of time to work on yourself. I also believe that you should insist on her giving you a time to begin a duologue about this. I don't think you should simply let this fall by the wayside.

Keep me updated. I will be offline for a bit, but will return in the evening. I would try not to discuss it now, but set a time and place to discuss these issues. I realize that she is insisting on moving forward with the separation but your decision to ask for advice on this forum was a big step for you and you should show her that you are asking for help. Share your needs with her.

Good Luck!