psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I have been married for 4 years. My husband never wants to

Customer Question

I have been married for 4 years. My husband never wants to make love. Advice?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.

Not wanting to have sex in a marital relationship can be due to purely sexual reasons, underlying problems in the relationship or even some sort of mental health issue such as a mood disturbance. This can be due to various reasons. It is common for someone with a mental health issue such as depression to manifest itself in a low desire for sex. People with this disturbance can experience fatigue or lack of desire for sex. If the relationship has problems that he has not shared with you this is also can lead to a diminish in sexual activity. The lack of desire is really a sign of a deeper issue. Lack of activity can also be a sign of a physical or emotional issue that is purely sexual in nature. He may be experiencing a lack of desire or even a fear of performance. It is best that he consult a doctor if he thinks his lack of desire is in the physical area. Whatever the issue he needs to consult a professional in that area to understand why he is experiencing this. Even if he doesn't know the exact reason he probably has an idea of what the reason is. Encourage him to find out what the reason is.

Please choose the best feedback or I am not compensated