Ryan LCSW
Ryan LCSW, Relationships
Experience:  Professional therapist
16045978

My partner and I are together very often. He stays overmany

My partner and I are together very often. He stays overmany nights a week and we go many places together with my 2 boys 5 and 7 years. 7 year old has special needs ADHD and poss. Autism and xxy chromosome disorder but medicated. He is great with my boys and they live with me fulltime and dad chooses not to care for them. My partner has introduced me to all his friends and I get on well with them. He does things for us and tells my voys how muc:h he really likes them. He has a 5 year old daughter each 2nd Saturday and all kids get on well. He comes over very often and phones me very often and always plans outings for the weekends. He has bre
kky with us. I also feed him dinners often. I apologise for my special needs childs behaviour.

my partner says if he wasn't happy with us he would have gone long time ago.
He says he enjoys doing things for me. But he has been seen by me on a website called tagged and online for hours. Should we still be together. I get along well with his family well. My R boys adore him. He has told me before that tagged site is social network and has male friend on there. We mountainbike ride together and have similar interests. Should we stay together. He is adorable. He lives by himself and I'm divorced.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ryan LCSW replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you out.

It sounds like you and your partner have a very good relationship so I'm sure this is tough to consider giving up. He seems great with your kids and that you both have a very good time when you are together aside from this issue.

I looked at the website that you mentioned, and I have to admit that I can understand your reasons for being suspicious. Although it does not specifically say that it is a dating site, that generally is the implication when you join a website like that in order to meet new people. It does seem like there is reason to be cautious of this, and I think a lot depends on the nature of your relationship with him and how much you feel like you can trust him.

If everything has otherwise been good between the two of you, I can certainly understand why you would want to continue with this relationship. At the same time, I do think it would be important to continue to be mindful of this, and be aware of any other behavior that may seem suspicious. It is possible that this is a red flag that he is dating other people or at least interested in dating other people. However, if he has always been trustworthy and you aren't certain that this indicates a problem, I would think that it's ok to continue so long as you are careful.

I definitely wish you the best. If there's anything else I can do to help please let me know.

Ryan
Ryan LCSW, Relationships
Experience: Professional therapist