psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

Hi there! I have been dating this girl for about 3 months

Customer Question

Hi there! I have been dating this girl for about 3 months and I am not really sure what to do. I really like her and want to be with her long-term. However, she has said that she is not completely sure but still wants to keep seeing me because she likes me etc. She even asked to meet my family and wanted me to meet part of hers. However, she has been holding back a little bit and also if she doesnt see how "good" I am and appreciates that fully then it may be best to move on. So I told her that it is best we take a break and we go our separate ways and see what happens. Part of me did that in order to make her realize what she may be missing out on, because people dont really appreciate what they have until it is gone. I believe that when she get some space and time to reflect she will come back to me. What is your experience with this? What is your advice?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well, she said she feels im a bit too serious etc. That was one of her reasons but I strongly believe (which she agreed with as well) it has to do more with timing etc. She is just not ready to settle down for a more serious relationship at the moment. She travels once a month, parties quite a lot, going away for 3 weeks in july etc. Therefore, she is a bit reluctant to commit, she isnt quite ready and the timing isnt right for her etc. Does this make sense? How does that put a different spin on it?
Expert:  psychlady replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so you basically think that I should tell her i screwed up to suggest the break and ask her to continue where we were and just be patient...? How long should I wait around? She said it is progressing in right direction...so part of me thinks its a good idea... but at the same time, she is still unsure about some things and still not ready to commit etc...
Expert:  psychlady replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!