Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
13551071

maybe what draws me in to him is that when i have problems

Customer Question

maybe what draws me in to him is that when i have problems or need someone to talk to he is always there for me. However, my husband is the opposite he always contradicts what i tell him and he always tries to put me down. could this be the reason?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 4 years ago.
Yes, this can definitely be the reason. We tend to go to people that understand us and have compassion for us. When our spouse is not doing that people can get drawn to others that offer what we are missing and feel we need. So you are right about what you said this very well can be at least one of the reasons if not the only reason. I wish you all the best!