Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Specializing in relationship/family counseling

since the june 13, 2012 we have not seen each other. I stopped

Customer Question

since the june 13, 2012 we have not seen each other. I stopped thinking about him for a while but i begin to think about him again. this is driving me crazy because i have a husband. We have been texting each other but just a regular conversations. Is it possible that I have fallen in love with him. he is 52 and i am 45 yrs.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Alicia_MSW replied 4 years ago.
Hi there,

I remember our conversation about this before, and how this issue was troubling you. Even though you've tried staying away, it's not so strange that you're still thinking about him, because you're obviously attracted to him - on some level. There's something about him that keeps drawing you in. And perhaps things with your husband need a bit of work to keep the spark alive - if you're finding yourself this attracted to this other man. However, even if you're married, it doesn't mean you stop being attracted (intellectually, emotionally, even physically) to other people. It just means that you can't act on it, and you have to decide if you want to honor your husband and be true to him or not. I can't say for sure if you're in love with this other man or if it's just an infatuation - perhaps it's a case of the heart wanting what it knows it can't have. But I think the smart thing to do would be to think about whether you still want to pursue this or whether (due to your marriage) it's a good idea to continue to stay away to see if these feelings subside. It's not easy, but I wish you lots of luck.