Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

I want to know if I am overreacting. I have been trying to

I want to know if I am overreacting. I have been trying to get this guy that I communicate with by text to call me more. I communicate with him everyday. We are both interested in each other. I text him to call me before I go to bed. This was around 845pm. I hear nothing from him. The next morning he texted me at 11am saying: "Good morning. I know you are mad at me but something came up that I had to take care of. What are you doing?"
He didn't apologize or anything. Am I wrong in being angry? Am I wrong in wanting to "talk" instead of "text"?

You have rights to feel however you wish. There is nothing wrong with that. However, you do not have a right to blame him. You both are not in a commited relationship and have no obligations. You have a right to feel upset because you wished he had called you, but since he is not obligated you can not get mad at him. What you can do is converse with him. Let him know how you feel and what you would like. There is nothing wrong with wanting to talk instead of text. You just need to understand that he may not have been able to talk at that time, but can talk another. Just keep communication opened with him and let him know that you would like to talk more. That is perfectly fine. I wish you all the best!