Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

My husbands ex ran up a large amount of debt on his credit

My husband's ex ran up a large amount of debt on his credit card and now is refusing to pay. What can he do. She is threatening awful things such as callinig CPS on our son (VERY unwarranted, just vengeful) and constantly sending us textes.
That is terrible. First off, do not worry about her calling CPS because if she does that and it was unwarranted you can sue her for that as well as get her arrested. That is not something to play with at all. About the charges she racked up. It depends if they were authorizer or not. If they were not authorized then that is a crime and he can go to the police station as well as sue her in court. If the charges were authorized, but it was a loan then he can still bring her to court to sue for the charges. He does not need an attorney just needs to bring whatever proof he has. The more the better. You can also go to the police station and get an order of protection if she continues to harass you both. I wish you all the best!
I hope all is going well. Has anything new happened? Has the situation got better? I hope she is cooperating now and if not please let me know if you need any assistance in moving further. Talk to you soon!