Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
13551071

I am currently married and have been for four years to a wonderful

Customer Question

I am currently married and have been for four years to a wonderful woman. However I have met a customer of mine and through conversation and some physical contact have developed strong feelings towards this woman. I realize I haven't strayed but the reason was because my wife wasn't exactly meeting my needs. I am now in a position to choose. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 2 years ago.
I understand this must be difficukt for you. It is easy to get strayed by others when our partner is not meeting our needs. It is important to understand and realize that when we meet someone for the first time it is always fun and exciting. Think back of when you met your wife. Also, people are always on their best behavior. True relationships are not always like that. They take work and we should not get confused by the beginning exciting part and a long term relationship. The two are like night and day. I would say if you were planning on leaving your wife before this lady came along then you need to decide based on your prior issues. However, if You were not planning to leave and it is just because if this new woman I would not pursue it. Marriage takes a lot of work. It may or may not work out with the new woman and you will find yourself in the same situation in the future. It is not worth it. Marriage takes work. If you love your wife and want tivmaje it work then I would say drop contact with the other woman and work on the relationship with your wife. You can also try counseling. I really do not suggest basing you leaving your wife alley due to another woman. It would not be fair to any of you. I wish you all the best in this situation and hope this helped bring insight to your situation.
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience: I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
Expert:  psychlady replied 2 years ago.

You do have a very important decision to make. The best way to approach such an important decision is to weigh the pros and cons of each person. Start with the qualities that you treasure the most and see which woman fits the needs that you have. This means that you have to put your own needs first in order to decide which lady fills the bill that you want for your future. I know you were married but take all guilt out of the equation. Do what is best for you not what is easiest. And above all else be honest with each lady and with yourself. If you feel that the new relationship is best for you then respect your wife by being honest. You can clear your head and make your decision based on what you need and what you want. You cannot let obligation dictate your choice. If you do this successfully you will know the answer.

If you do not provide positive feedback I will not be compensated

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here are a few factors that I have considered. My wife is 42 and I am 34. We both own our own businesses. I have consumed with mine. Yes I do love her but this other woman has let me see other things in life. My wife is wealthy and her take on everything is just to buy it. This other lady doesn't care about money she just wishes to see me happy. I have for over two months now dreaded going home. But I will do anything to see this other lady. I do appreciate your help but it really hurts. My wife doesn't know how to have fun or appreciate life. She has always been wealthy so that really bothers me.
Expert:  psychlady replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!