JohnMichaels,MS,LPC
JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.

What should I do if my brother started a feud with me just

Customer Question

What should I do if my brother started a feud with me just because I preach The Gospel and God's Word, and my niece sides with him just because he is her father, and therefore, she won't return my calls, accept my birthday gift, nor allow me to treat her for dinner at her favorite restaurant? Thank you.
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Forget it. Question cancelled. Elliott Sewell didn't want to answer my question.

Expert:  JohnMichaels,MS,LPC replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a Licensed Professional Counselor. Please note, this is not therapy, but advice. I do hope I can help you though. I see this question has been relisted. Do you still wish to discuss it? If so, could you please give me some more details. I would really like to help you if I can. If not that is perfectly okay. I will opt out. Just let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Again, just because I became a Christian and started preaching The Gospel and God's Word to my family and other people from outside of my family as well, my brother started a feud with me. My niece sided with my brother just because my brother is her father. Therefore, my niece doesn't return messages I leave on her cell phone, she won't accept my birthday gift for her 20th birthday, and she always makes excuses when I invite her to her favorite restaurant as an extra gift for her birthday. What should I do? Is it right to be treated like this just because I preach The Gospel and God's Word which are good messages? Is it right to side with someone that is wrong over someone that is right in this manner just because he is your father? I apologize if I misunderstood. I asked this question as a relationship question since this situation pertains to a family feud. If the relationship department is strictly for romance relationships only and not relationships due to kin, I didn't know. Sorry.

No, you are perfectly ok in listing this in the relationship category. I look forward to discussing it with you. I too am a preacher and this does at times interfere with other relationships. You must keep in mind that you are not the same person they once knew and it may take some adjusting on the part of those who care about you. Remember, Christ was in the beginning rejected by his own family. They did eventually come around though after they saw the sincerity of his message My thoughts are that now that they know who you are and what you are about, you might back away a little and just try to be an example to them. Your niece is doing what most children will do. She is siding with her father. She is probably having problems understanding this new uncle of hers as well. This may not mean they do not care for you. It may simply mean they are having difficulty understanding you right now. i really do hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions.

JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience: 25+ years helping resolve relational issues.
Jaime,

Hi! I appreciate you allowing me to help you maybe arrive at a solution the other day. I hope I was helpful. Let me know if I can help you in any other way.

John Michaels, MS, LPC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.

Your totally welcome!