Coach Jen K.
Coach Jen K., LMSW, CPC
Experience:  Providing the Utmost Care and Support

Hey Jen, Just a quick update. Ive now been dating AD for two

Hey Jen, Just a quick update. I've now been dating AD for two months. Things have been going well and we've been spending an increasing amount of time together. When either of us goes away for the weekend we say that we miss each other and seem to be growing together. He'd mentioned that he'd dated quite a bit since his split with his ex but that it never went beyond 1 or 2 dates with anyone because he didnt want to start something that he couldn't see a future with the girl. Bonus points to him for stating that! He also said he finds me challenging (in a good way, apparently, like a challenging job [his expression, not mine] that keeps him interested and excited about us). We've had one night where I got very upset with him (long story short he didn't dance with me all night but danced with a lot of other girls, including his ex) and I broached this with him, how much that hurt me, and he was truly sorry and had no idea he'd hurt me. So, we're communicating well. But we hadn't had any talk yet. I broached the subject last night and we've confirmed we're exclusive which was good to finally clarify. He doesnt want to attach a label to us though which Im fine with now (so long as we're being exclusive its ok) but wonder where we need to 'be' before he feels comfortable calling me his girlfriend. But :) I'm not worrying about it. I'm acting like myself around him, and he is doing the same, and we have so much fun together and really connect. It's great! Fingers crossed things keep sailing smoothly! Thanks again for all your help in the past, I know it's helped me get to where I am now which is comfortable and willing to be open and caring without worrying too much about the future. Jacqui
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Coach Jen K. replied 2 years ago.

CoachJenK :

I am so happy to hear all of it. i am out of the office this morning but. will respond today around noon est. hope you can wait for me until then.

Customer:

Absolutely, no problem at all.

CoachJenK :

excellent. see you then.

CoachJenK :

Hi. I am here now.

CoachJenK :

Everything sounds really great Jacqui and I am so happy to hear that you have been able to express yourself and be carefree about things in order to let them play out as they are. You both sound quite connected.

Customer:

Thanks Jen. Yes, everything seems to be going well. I think it is important to be able to 'label' the relationship at some stage but am happy to not have that right now. I will re-evaluate in 1-2 months and see how things are going then (I am just mindful that I do not want to be used without appreciation/acknowledgement). So, just a quick email to let you know things are going well - no real advice needed at this point :)

CoachJenK :

all sounds great and yes if he never wants to put a label to it then you have every right to know

CoachJenK :

what his desires and intentions are for the relationship.

CoachJenK :

Keep me posted.

Coach Jen K., LMSW, CPC
Experience: Providing the Utmost Care and Support