Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

I was seeing a guy a year ago, and things were okay, but there

I was seeing a guy a year ago, and things were okay, but there were a few issues. I ended the relationship once, he asked me to reconsider and after a weekend together. He ended the relationship. He didn't give me an explanation.
It was shortly after that he started contacting me again and since March he has been asking me out regularly. I have not been very forthcoming to just jump into something, because he broke my heart. But he has been very persistent and started asking me why i'm pulling back. When I told him that i'm just very caustious to get hurt again, he explained and apologised and said he should never have ended it, he made a mistake.

We had an amazing talk on Saturday where we discussed everyting and he asked me to try again. I agreed and every day last week was great, communication and I saw him twice last week. He also invited me to come over and have dinner with his mom on Thursday but I had to work late.
On Friday I didn't hear from him and I thought maybe he was just busy with work, so i went out with friends. On Saturday I still didn't hear from him and thought this is very strange. Sunday I decided to call him and when I did he said his feelings has changed and he doesn't want to continue with the situation. I asked him what situation and he said seeing me. I am completely confused and can't understand what just happened. He begged me to give him another chance, he has been asking me out every week, and then we have an amazing talk and he just ends it. I asked him to meet me to discuss things but he was so rude to me over the phone. I actually can't believe it's the same person. I phoned him 3 times yesterday and he answered in the end and he agreed to meet me. The only answer he gave me for ending it, is that his feelings changed. I just can't understand it. Not after the week we had and him contacting me on Thursday to have dinner with his mom. I am meeting him this evening, and I want to know if there is anything I can do to save this situation.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like he is scared that you are going to end the relationship. He is backing away because he is worried to get close too you. I want you to really think about what happened in detail that might have triggered him to say this too you. I get the feeling he is upset about something. That he needs to express himself about somethibg that was said or done. He could have got his feelings hurt, he might feel uneasy with how you are feeling. You left him before so I feel he has that in the back of his mind. He needs to know you are willing to give this another chance. He is worried that you are just going to change your mind and not try because you are also afraid of getting hurt. You need to openly express that the time you both have spent together has been amazing. Having dinner with his mom is a major step in a relationship. That shows me that he is willing and open about sharing his life with you. When you talk wiyh him explain how you feel about him be honest tell him since he came back into your life you are having such an amazing time getting to know each other again.explain that this relationship is worth giving it a second chance and you are excited to spend time together. Tell him that dinner with his mom was nice and you would love to do it again.
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience: I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.