Dan B.
Dan B., Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
68299389

what do ya do when you cant get a girl out of your mind?

what do ya do when you can't get a girl out of your mind?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Expert:  Dan B. replied 2 years ago.
Basically, when you want to stop thinking of someone, or want to stop feeling love for someone there are a few things that you can try.

When we feel love there are things that it makes us want to do; seeing them more often, spending time thinking or fantasizing about them, wanting to be close to them or to have as much contact as possible. These are the exact things to avoid if you are trying to make the feelings of love go away.

So, if you want your feeling for this girl to go away the firs thing to do is to avoid putting yourself in situations where you will see her. If you generally see her when she is working or dancing you need to avoid going to the places where she works. When you are away from her you need to take action to distract yourself when you begin to think about her. Find something active to do, think of different girls, etc. Also, when you start feeling that you love her try to reason with yourself; tell yourself why you don't feel this. You need to convince yourself that this is not love, or that this is the wrong person to love.

Love is a very strong emotion and hard to change. But give this a shot and hopefully it will work. It will take some time and commitment, but if you are able to do all the opposite things that love makes you want to do, the emotion will not be "fed" and it will begin to go away. Good luck.

Your satisfaction is my top priority, please let me know if I need to clarify anything or provide any more information. Feedback is always appreciated.
Dan B., Counselor
Experience: Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor