Alicia_MSW
Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Specializing in relationship/family counseling

hi Alicia, this is same question again, before u went off

hi Alicia,
this is same question again, before u went off line,
sorry, am i starting to bother u with the same issue..
would u still be able to answer this question..?

the meditation method..so as horoscopes, i think i was saying, are like ways to get more in tune w/ ur intuition, right?
& how about reading, do u think that'd help..

also, u mentioned, 'to see how it goes with that guy..' and that totally reminded me of how i should've took things.. just stay, for another month at the time.... & see how things go with him & my status.. and things could've been very different, more fun, he probably wouldn't be seeing someone now, he told me he is...Yell
(well, there was a kinda issue with landlord on the time limit, altho he gave me another month..., but also mentioned to raise rent, i don't know, im thinking about asking him abt that if i see him to pick up mail, to see how it seem like, if he'd really wanted to kick me out anyways at the time or what..?!) & the old place was also much better, bigger, luxurious, better location... why the hell did i moved to a less convenient, worse location, smaller, but cheaper rent.. yah that was one of reason, to save, but i'd rather to spend more & keep at work & maybe better lifestyle..?

well.., so back to that again, i don't know how to deal with this situation now, he's seein someone else.. it's too late,,,how do i see how it goes with him now if that's the situation, i should've done that, to see how it'd go with him b4, a year ago... =(

thanks Alicia
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Alicia_MSW replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

Sorry I missed you! You're not bothering me, so don't worry about that. If I go off-line, I will reply to your message as soon as I am back online. So, I do think meditation can help. It can be difficult to learn at first, which is why I think some of those audio clips I mentioned in our last message might help - at least in the beginning until you get the hang of it. Reading - if you mean reading self-help or meditation-type books - is also a good idea. Actually, there's an interesting book called "Your Sixth Sense: Unlocking your Intuition" by Belleruth Naparstek that you might find interesting (you can find it on Amazon.)
Maybe it's possible, if you want to move back to the old place, that you could talk to your old landlord and see if he could keep you in mind if someone should move out and he has some space available. In that case, it could be a good idea to talk to him about some of those issues you mentioned.
As far as the guy goes, if he's seeing someone else, then there's not much that can be done about that at the moment. But I do think that what's important is that you try to make peace with it. Seeing how it goes only means waiting to see how it goes with his relationship - and I don't see that as being very healthy or productive for you. Maybe things will work out in the future, but it's important for you to try to start to make peace with it and maybe think about trying to move on from him. So, that could mean that you write a letter to him (you do not have to give it to him - it's for your eyes only) expressing your feelings and telling him everything you wish you could tell him - what you wish you could have done differently, etc - just so you get it out. Getting these feelings out can be healing and it can help you start the process of moving forward. Let me know what you think, and if I can help further. Good luck!
Alicia_MSW, Psychotherapist
Experience: Specializing in relationship/family counseling