How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask DrJackiePhD Your Own Question

DrJackiePhD, Doctor
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 360
Experience:  I have been doing research in relational/interpersonal communication since 1998. My Ph.D. is in interpersonal communication.
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
DrJackiePhD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

RA - 211

Customer Question

My husband wants a divorce and wants us to sort out our finances s that he can start afresh. He currently pays all of the bills and the mortgage (the house is in our joint names) and I give a contribution towards the finances. I have two sons living at home, both adults (26 and nearly 23) who also give a contribution to their father. I am worried I may lose my home and my sons may lose their home if I cannot buy my husband out and get a mortgage in my own name. I have been married for 27 years. What are my rights under these circumstances?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  DrJackiePhD replied 4 years ago.

DrJackiePhD :

Hi, is anyone helping you?

DrJackiePhD :

I'm Dr. Jackie, and I'm here to help if you need it.

DrJackiePhD :

I'm seeing that you are offline now. I'm going to switch to Q&A format if that helps.

DrJackiePhD and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  DrJackiePhD replied 4 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert. You will also receive an email when your question is updated. If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above. Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
I think you are asking a legal question, and I can't advise you as to your rights. You might want to ask a Legal Expert! :)

Related Relationship Questions