KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.

hello i have been going through a great deal of depression

hello i have been going through a great deal of depression on lately and i don't know what to do my my child father and i love each other very much i struggle with the feeling of marring him or leaving him i am so confused i don't think i am attracted to him anymore i hate sex i dislike it i always have i don't know what to do i would really like to work things out i read so many blogs and peoples response to similar questions i don't know what to do
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KansasTherapist replied 4 years ago.
It doesn't sound like a good idea to marry someone you're thinking about leaving. The first thing to deal with is your depression. When a person is depressed, often, everything in their life seems bleak. It's hard to believe that anything will work out. Before you make a decision about leaving, it would be a good thing to go to your doctor, and get on an antidepressant. Once your mood is improved you might see things differently. If not, you can make a decision based on a healthy state of mind.

I hope this helps.