TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

So, my live in girlfriend left her facebook up and i decided

So, my live in girlfriend left her facebook up and i decided to snoop a tad. She just started a new job yesterday and while i was at work she was off and on there talking to one of her friends. She said stuff like " my new manager is so beautiful" "one of the guys i work with smiled at me and i about died" "if me and him break up im moving right next door to work and whoring myself to them" then i also seen in history she looked a bunch of people up from the general area of work..all of which were guys she had just mentioned. should i worry that she finds all her new male coworkers so attractive? and should i feel a little betrayed that she said even more raunchy stuff concerning sex with them?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 years ago.
Hi. Welcome. I am a Licensed Master Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.

I don't believe any of this sounds good at all. you live together, yet she talks of other mend whom she finds attractive and how she plans to be with them it the two of you dont' work out. It isn't respectful of you or the relationship that you have together.
I know your next question is whether to let her know what you saw. That is a judgment call on your part. If it were me, I would not be able to move forward without bringing this out in the open. So when you are making that decision be prepared for a number of reactions from her, but none of them being wonderful because her behavior hasn't been respectful.

I can understand how you feel betrayed even if you did a bit of snooping, and my guess is she will hang onto that fact rather than deal with the real issue. If she isn't connected to you anymore, then okay but at least talk about things so you can get it all out in the open.