Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist

Hello Iam 45 year old woman who is dating a 57 years old man.

Hello Iam 45 year old woman who is dating a 57 years old man. We both seem to like each other. However, I am very concern about his age and his unheathly eating habbits. We do not have children. I would like to have a child in the near future if possible. we only been dating for 2 weeks now. I am seriouly thinking of calling quit. I dont thikning is fair to both of us. He seem to want to have a serious relationship with me. I want childen and he does not. I understand his dilema but what about me?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 4 years ago.
Hello. All of your concerns are valid. The best thing you can do is to have an honest discussion with him about all of this. I know your relationship is quite new and you don't have to hit him with all of the seriousness of your concerns right away. You have to weigh your feelings towards him as well and decide how much time you feel like waiting. It is very important for both people in the relationship to want kids if that is your goal. Huge decisions like that must be agreed to by both people or else it will be a bad situation for all involved, especially the child. If you feel as though this is something you want to happen sooner rather than later, and he will not budge on not wanting kids, than you may want to move on, as you are fighting a losing battle. Weigh your options and your time table as well as your feelings and make your decision based on the conclusion you come to.