TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Providing the Utmost Care and Support
64783947

I have recently got out of a relationship with a married man

Customer Question

I have recently got out of a relationship with a married man and he promised to return my stuff by leaving it on the street ...he has lef t me rather distraught and his wife seems to have taken his side and chucked my stuff on the street ...tell me what do I do in all this I was so disappointed in all this
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 3 years ago.

CoachJenK :

Hi. Welcome. I am a Licensed Master Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.

CoachJenK :

I am sorry to hear of your pain. i think the best thing you can do is hold your head high and move on. Bring a freind with you for support to go pick up your things.

JACUSTOMER-oeqpumqi- : But I am unable to travel to collect the stuff till a couple of days later why are they both doing this
CoachJenK :

Most likely the wife is doing this as a way to deal with her anger toward her husband and he is most likely following along to try and smooth things over with her.

JACUSTOMER-oeqpumqi- : I have suffered badly pychologically
CoachJenK :

I am sure you have...can you get into some face to face counseling so you can get the support you need to heal from this?

JACUSTOMER-oeqpumqi- : I don't know some some the stuff he is returning include a longines watch I gave him for Christmas
CoachJenK :

is there anyone you can ask to get there to pick it up since you cant get there?

CoachJenK :

you may also call the police for help in this matter so that you dont lose your belongings

JACUSTOMER-oeqpumqi- : She wants to leave it on the nature strip now this is a Thai woman who is still on her bridging visa as she just got married last year and won't be approved for her permanent residency till next year
JACUSTOMER-oeqpumqi- : She has caught him cheating 8 times 6 with me so I think she wants her visa real bad
CoachJenK :

He status isnt truly important here...what is most important is that you get your stuff and move on from this as it is destroying you and you deserve more

JACUSTOMER-oeqpumqi- : I cannot get there and so all that stuff will be lost
CoachJenK :

can a friend help you? I would call the police then to ask how this can be handled

JACUSTOMER-oeqpumqi- : No one at all ok
CoachJenK :

If not, then maybe try and reach out to him just to ask him to keep the stuff somewhere else than the street so you can retrieve it when you can

CoachJenK :

when can you get there?

JACUSTOMER-oeqpumqi- : Tursday
CoachJenK :

well will he respond to an email from you?

CoachJenK :

how is it that you usually communicate?

CoachJenK :

let me know if i can help you further. If not please click accept.