Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

Im married for 12years but still feel that i not good enough

I'm married for 12years but still feel that i not good enough for my marriaeas my husband constantly criticise me this hasaffectmy way of thinking rationally and try to do what hewants but still theres always soething that ends up in us not doing what he expect i can not say what i want as he ignores my feelings and misinterprete and change my statement
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 4 years ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I am so sorry for your difficult life. You have suffered for 12 years. This seems to be enough. You now have three options:

-tell your husband that things have to change and that you want him to go to marriage counsellng with you because you cannot continue with the relationship like this. Have a counellor lined up - someone whom you feel comfortable and find intelligent.

-if your husband refuses to make any attempts to change, talk to an attorney about getting a divorce on the best terms possible for you. When your husband sees that you are serious he might try the first option.

-your last option is to just accept your fate and do nothing. This is not very acceptable and nothing will change, but that will be your continuous fate unless you try either one of the first two plans. Change requires action on your part.

I understand how frightening and difficult this is, but this is the rest of your life that lies ahead. Do you want something better or just more of the same?

I wish you great strength and fortune.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC