Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

My husband says he doesnt love me anymore and wants us to

My husband says he doesn't love me anymore and wants us to separate, but I can't seem to let him go, it is making me sick and emotions are high, I love him so much.
I am sorry to hear about your situation. How may I be of service to you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What is the best way for me to take, my mind is so jumbled, he works away also so I won't see him for a couple of days to gauge his physical response, plus I think he has someone else that works with him and has done this to me before, he says he doesn't want to hurt me anymore, but I finding it really hard to let him go.
So you believe he is a cheater? Is there any way he would reconcile with you and want to work on the marriage? What are his complaints about the marriage?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't know as he doesnt want to talk about it while he is away, my family think I should let go and move on, but how do you do that when you have spent 20 complicated years together, my issue is loneliness when he is not here, am I confusing love with loneliness
Well I think there is a lot of clarification that needs to happen. You don't just end a marriage without talking out the issues. Wait until he gets home and get to the bottom of this matter. Maybe his mind is made up. If that is the case then there is not much you can do. If he has realistic grievances then maybe the two of you can work through it. No matter what the issue or outcome, the feelings you have are going to be there, and they are going to be intense. There is just no way around it. You may very well be confusing loneliness for love. If that is the case, then you can move closer to family or get a pet. It will be less complicated that way.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Dr G, I just needed someone not related to me to see it from another angle, I think I have a way to go on this journey, or until we meet physically, as he could have come down when he heard I was having trouble emotionally, but really he wanted to protect himself from my emotions in this matter.
Well I can understand that. No need to make drastic decisions at this time until all the facts are laid out on the table. Good luck to you.