KansasTherapist
KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.
65252638

My boyfriend of 10 years decided he doesnt want to be a couple

My boyfriend of 10 years decided he doesn't want to be a couple anymore and doesn't want to live with me because we live in a city he doesn't like, even know it is 5 minutes from where he wants to live. I have purchased this condo we live in on my own, we've lived here for 6 months and he has never voiced that he was unhappy. He wants 3 months to get out so he can save $ to move. Should I let him?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KansasTherapist replied 4 years ago.
It doesn't sound like you want him living with you that long before he moves out. It seems to me you should decide how long you are willing to have him stay and let him know what that is. If he doesn't have enough money saved to move out, that's on him. He may need to borrow the money from a bank, or family, not from you. When someone decides they want to break up, they need to take some responsibility for ending the relationship without expecting to be supported by the person they're leaving.

I hope this helps.