Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I had a very good relationship witha friend of mine, a female.

Customer Question

I had a very good relationship witha friend of mine, a female. she was like a best friend. we had similar interests..etc but we both had alot of health iddues that didnt go away so that bought us together . I know she suffers with anxiety and i suffer too .

We had a quarrel and i did try to communicate with her with a umber of text messages and she didnt respond. All the could do was come to my parents place and ask for her shoes she left her and that was all that mattered to her. I messaged this to hear and my feelings. and i did say alot but i was just saying the truth.

I have moved back home now and its her bday and i jsut felt like i missedher friendhsip but i did try alot to talk to her but she has held a grudge and not responded at all.

I dont know know..

this was 2 months ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  DrJackiePhD replied 4 years ago.

DrJackiePhD :

Hi is someone helping you?

Customer:

hello

Customer:

hello

Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 4 years ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear friend,

Sometimes when we tell someone, even one who is dear to us, "the truth", it comes out like an attack and is hurtful.

You both have health issues and are both high-strung, You have both let this escalate and get out of hand, and now, some time later, you are trying to get this back on track.

Instead of just sending texts, why not go for a visit, bring flowers, and ask her out for dinner. If she accepts, then you will be back on track, or at least heading that way. If she refuses, and closes the door on your relationship, then you will have the closure that you need.

Either way, you will be moving forward with your life. Right now you have a major unresolved issue that must be address before you can move on.

Warm regards,

Elliot Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.