RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

My husband has left the home about 2 weeks ago. He does not

My husband has left the home about 2 weeks ago. He does not want any contact from me and has threatened to begin the filing process. I have been standing for my marriage since then and I'm not giving up hope. I continuously pray and intercede for my spouse regardless of his hurtful words and disrespectful behavior. Should I be in the process of receiving individual counselling and are there christain or spiritual programs available to help spouses standing alone in the marriage?

God bless
Liz
Category: Relationship
Expert:  RealSupport replied 4 years ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

It is never easy for a person in your shoes to face such a painful reality. There is no easy way of coping with it, but it is necessary and wise to do your best with all possible support available.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

One premise you need to keep clear in your mind and heart is that nothing justifies exposing yourself to any form of abuse or neglect.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

It is tough when a spouse just leave and does not allow any form of communication, literally building a huge wall between you deeply limiting and undermining your chances and need to work on the marital issues leading to current scenario.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please, in times like this you need first to allow yourself to become unconditionally patient, understanding, supportive, gentle and compassionate towards yourself. This approach would allow you to take good care of yourself and cope as much as possible taking all the necessary support you deserve and need from caring family members, close friends and from professional counseling.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Most churches have what its called "pastoral counseling" including support for marital issues and crisis like this. Please look for guidance and services at your local church or for referrals there to those associated churches where such programs are offered.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Online you would find many good sources of support, including Christian oriented ones with long lists of organizations, groups and books on this specific area.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please review information and resources in the following link: http://www.marriagemissions.com/separation-and-divorce-links-and-resource-descriptions/

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

This one contains listings of Canadian marriage and family therapists and counselors many with a Christian approach.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

http://www.theravive.com/therapist-finder/therapy-by-state.aspx

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

http://www.theravive.com/cities/canada.aspx

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I truly hope this brings some light and you get the support you need.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please feel free to contact me for any further support. Thanks for your trust.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Rafael M.T. – Professional Integral & Transpersonal Psychotherapist & Life Coach