Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
13551071

I recently connected with someone that I knew in High School.

Customer Question

I recently connected with someone that I knew in High School. For the first week leading up to our first date, he texted me every day - morning, noon, even a good night text. We then had a really great first date. So the following week, he still texted me, but it was a bit less, and I became the initiater of some of them. That Saturday - another great date. So now he has not proactively texted me one time. He responds to my text and will text me later - if I texted him first. And yesterday he did not text me at all (and I did not text him). I'm not sure if this is the new norm and I should not expect to hear from each day, if I should continue to initiate contact, or if I leave him alone, how long should I do that before I reach back out?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 4 years ago.

jenhelant :

I understand that you are worried things may have died down since he is not texting you anymore then whats next. However, try not to just look at the texts. Maybe he is not the texting type or maybe he is busy. Look at where your relationship is going. Are you spending time with each other and is he treating you good. These are important things to look at. I wouldn't say you should leave him alone yet if you are interested in him. I would say go with the flow and do your part and see where it goes from there. You can also communicate your feelings and concerns as well as let him know what you would like in this relationship to see if you both are on the same page. But as for now I would not worry about the texting. Do your part whatever you feel you should do and go from there. See where your relationship goes, how you feel, and how he treats you day by day. I wouldn't put so much emphasis on the texting part alone. I hope this helped and I wish you all the best!