psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

Customer Question

have had issues with my daughter in law
didn't tackle any kept quiet
then said I was angry on the phone wanted to talk
she refused and now not letting me see grand children
know she is under pressure of having to go back to walk in 2 months
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.

Unfortunately your daughter in law has control of her household. Your best chance of changing things is to let your son come home and meeting with both of them at one time. Your son has loyalty to you since he is blood. She seems to handle conflict though passive aggressive behavior. This can be very hurtful. Let her have her feelings and approach you son when he comes home. You can't communicate with someone who isn't ready. When he comes home explain that you had her best interest at heart and see what he can do to change the situation. It is unfortunate but 3 days is not a long time and you may fare better by letting her think about you wanting to make amends. Have confidence that this can be resolved and take a patient approach to the problem.

Please press accept