DrFee
DrFee, Psychologist
Experience:  20+ years of counseling experience, Wife & Mother
66179016

my boyfriend and i have been together for two years. he broke

my boyfriend and i have been together for two years. he broke up with me a month ago because i acted crazy. since then we have been taking it slow. i pushed him to hard to get back together and now he does not want anything to do with me he told me thinks i am crazy and that he doesn't love me. as stupid as i sound when i say this i really don't believe that he doesn't love me but i do know how much he hates drama and fighting and anything crazy. i pushed him too hard and now i don't know what to do i didn't give him the space he wanted but now i am scared that i messed it up so bad that if i do just leave him alone than it is over forever.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  DrFee replied 2 years ago.

DrFee :

Hello! Please remember that my responses are informational only, we are not establishing a therapeutic relationship.

DrFee :

It sounds like you really care for him --

Customer:

i do

Customer:

i love him

DrFee :

You can't change the past, but you can addres whatever behavior that he is calling "crazy," and "drama," so that you don't behave similarly in the future.

DrFee :

address, that is

Customer:

i know that wasnt really me i was just so worried about losing him but i dont know how to show him that when he wants nothing to do with me

Customer:

i cant show him if he wont even talk to me and i cant force him to respond (innless i act crazy which i cant do)

DrFee :

Why did he break up with you in the first place? That part wasn't clear to me.

Customer:

we had been arguing a lot and i was really upset.. he didnt want to fight so he would just ignore it.. we drank a lot and everything i wanted to say came out but in the wrong way

Customer:

i acted "crazy"

DrFee :

when you were drunk, you mean?

Customer:

yea

DrFee :

So, after 2 years of relationship, you have one fight were you are drunk and handle things poorly, and he breaks up with you for that?

Customer:

and then recently just calling and calling over again to get him to answer

Customer:

it was a serious of fights

Customer:

and this one was really bad

DrFee :

Did you apologize?

Customer:

yes over and over again

Customer:

but i really did act crazy

Customer:

i prob wouldnt of forgave me either

Customer:

and then when he asked for space i didnt give it to him

Customer:

and now his response is "i dont love you and i think you are crazy"

DrFee :

OK...sounds like he needs some space. I'm not sure repeating yourself is going to help. Could you ask him if you guys could get together in about a month and re-asses how you both feel?

Customer:

no.. he says he doesnt want to take things slow or talk or anything that he is done

DrFee :

I am sorry to hear that.

DrFee :

If he is done, there's nothing you can really do --as painful as that is.

Customer:

but i dont believe he is

DrFee :

Well, if he's not done then he will contact you

Customer:

okay

DrFee :

Let him know you will be waiting, don't date anyone else, don't get drunk around any other guys, and be patient.

DrFee :

It's patience and waiting that most of us struggle with!!

DrFee, Psychologist
Experience: 20+ years of counseling experience, Wife & Mother