AskJason
AskJason, Relationship Answers
Experience:  B.A. Psychology

my boyfriend and i have been together for two years. he broke

Customer Question

my boyfriend and i have been together for two years. he broke up with me a month ago because i acted crazy. since then we have been taking it slow. i pushed him to hard and now he does not want anything to do with me he told me thinks i am crazy and that he doesn't love me. as stupid as i sound when i say this i really don't believe that he doesn't love me but i do know how much he hates drama and fighting and anything crazy. i pushed him too hard and now i don't know what to do i didn't give him the space he wanted but now i am scared that i messed it up so bad that if i do just leave him alone than it is over forever.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  AskJason replied 2 years ago.

AskJason : Hi, I would be glad to try to answer your question.
AskJason : May I ask what it was that caused you to "act so crazy" as you described?
Customer:

i was really mad at him but trying to just forget it and then we drank a lot and it came out the wrong way

Customer:

and then for the past month i was pushing him too hard and not givng him space like he asked one day we would be fine the next he would ignore me and i would just bother him calling over and over until he finally answered

AskJason : I see. To help me answer you better, what was it that you were really mad at him about?
Customer:

i pushed him away

Customer:

it was small things that just kept building up

Customer:

i felt like he didnt care

Customer:

and when i was upset over something he would just ignore me

Customer:

i felt like i came second to everything and he didnt care how i felt about anything

AskJason : Perhaps you weren't acting crazy at all? Sounds to me like you had some definite resentment built up over some very specific reasons regarding the way he was treating you. You were angry that he wasn't going you the attention you deserve and you felt as if he didn't care. When you called him out on this, his reaction was to break up with you and tell you he actually doesn't care. I feel badly that I have to assess when I am reading in this way, and I certainly don't wish to cause you more heartache, but is there any chance that your original anger and feeling of being taken for granted were real, and this man isn't worth your pursuit? A breakup can always make a person wish they had that relationship back, but sometimes you have to be careful for what you wish for. Are you certain you love him and that he is worthy or your pursuit? If so, then definitely reach out to him and tell him how you feel. Maybe you can work on the issues you were angry about and you guys can be happy together. If you don't think he will change then you have to ask yourself if he can really offer you the level of love and attention that you rightfully expect and deserve.
Customer:

i did reach out to him and we were "taking it slow" for the past month but i pushed TOO much and just annoyed him by constantly calling and texting and to him acting crazy again. he finally snapped and that is when he told me he thinks i am crazy and does not love me he doesnt want to talk or take things slow or anything he says he is done

AskJason : Please remember to click Accept if you are satisfied with my answer. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX you have any future questions or follow ups you can start your new question with "To: AskJason" and it will be assigned to me.
Customer:

im sorry but i dont think you answered my question

AskJason : Based on that it definitely sounds like you did all you could do to win him back. Perhaps time will heal his anger and if he truly loves you he will initiate contact. Maybe try to stop contacting him for one month and then reach out to him in a relaxed way and ask how he's doing and if he'd like to meet for a coffee or something so you guys can talk. Time has a way of ironing out the negative details and letting people come back to a new level of communication.
AskJason : Ok, please feel free to state exactly what your question is.
AskJason, Relationship Answers
Experience: B.A. Psychology
Expert:  AskJason replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.