Howard Wise
Howard Wise, Counselor
Experience:  Counseling with a compassionate ear and a loving heart.

My boyfriend broke up with me because I acted crazy we were

My boyfriend broke up with me because I acted crazy we were taking it slow and I pushed too hard and just annoyed him I didn't give him the space he asked for and ended up pushing him away. What do I do now? How do I get him back?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Howard Wise replied 4 years ago.
Good morning, this is Howard,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I think it would be a good idea to give your boyfriend some space and time right now. If you do something to try to win him back he will react in the same way that he did before - he will pull away from you and feel like you are pushing too hard again.

My intuition is telling me that there are some issues that are getting in the way of you having a successful relationship with this fellow. I think it would be a good idea for you to participate in short-term, individual psychotherapy at this time. If you don't get a handle on your issues, they will continue to be a problem for you in the future.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We've been together for two years and I am not ready to give up I'm looking more for what I should do?
Thank you for the additional information.

As I said earlier, there are issues in you that are getting in the way of this being a successful relationship. I strongly urge you to seek individual psychotherapy with an experience and gifted therapist. In a period of only a few weeks, you will gain insights and strategies on how to repair this relationship and make it a more functional one.

There are no instant solutions to your problem. It's important that you realize and accept that. As much as you want your boyfriend back now, you're going to have to put some time and energy into yourself and figure out what's going on with you.