Howard Wise
Howard Wise, Counselor
Experience:  Counseling with a compassionate ear and a loving heart.

I have been dating this girl for 3 months and I am uncomfortable

I have been dating this girl for 3 months and I am uncomfortable with her male friends. Should I be jealous or should I just go with the flow?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Howard Wise replied 4 years ago.
Good evening, this is Howard,

I don't think being jealous is going to get you very far - although it might get you far away from her when she dumps you! Wink

Go with the flow, and don't make any issue out of her friends unless you have a very good reason to do so!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Its hard not to be when new males that I never been talked to about come along. I also make myself available to her whenever she wants to see me but I don't get the same from her.
I see. Well, this could be a problem after all. I suggest that you share your feelings and concerns with her without criticism or blame. In other words, use "I" statements. For example - "When you spend time with your male friends I feel insecure because I worry that I am going to lose you." OR "I prefer spending time with you alone. Would you mind not inviting your friends to join us next time?"

I am signing off for the night. You may post a follow-up question and I will respond in the morning.