TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

Hello, Another one! Last night, I went out to my local

Customer Question

Another one!

Last night, I went out to my local pub and as a impaired hearing person, the guy from America was asking me if I can lipread - I said yeah and why do you ask? He was testing me out in front of the people and I was kinda embarrassed. I think he tries to hit my confidence, that was on Monday evening last. So last night, he was there and I went oh him again. He said to me 'You look great and how are you?' etc. The woman next to him got aggressive and he was like tryin to stop her. I thought what is going on? He then came over and kissed my face and neck - myself as a male and himself as a male and then two friends came over, he asked them for a ciggie and he won't touch my ciggie. I said to him 'Do you have a problem with me?' He went 'Oh no no.' He spoke to my friends in a very quiet voice hoping that I won't be able to hear him or lipread him or whatever. My friends told me that he was a very rude person because apparently, he was talking about me again. I thought what have I done? Is he trying to get my attention just because he fancies me even in a straight pub? Or trying to get me annoyed with his attitude or what?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 5 years ago.

CoachJenK :

Hi Good day to you.

CoachJenK :

This guy just sounds plain rude.

Customer :

I know and?

Customer :

I think he is trying to get my attention and I have told my bar friends who works there and they knows about it. They will put him straight soon.

CoachJenK :

Why even waste your time associating with this person?

Customer :

But he is telling strangers about me??

Customer :

My image is paramount to me.

CoachJenK :

what is he saying to them?

Customer :

I have no idea but I know because the person keeps looking at me as if she is going to confronts with me!

Customer :

My other two friends whom he spoke with - called him f**king nutter and wanker and very rude. I did not ask them for explanation of what he said but they told my bar friends about it.

CoachJenK :

maybe he does like you and is acting like an immature kid

Customer :

If he likes me then why rude and embarrass me?

Customer :

such as asking me if i can lipread in front of his friends and make a joke about it?

Customer :

I thought that was disrespectful and childish.

CoachJenK :

cause he is so immature. I would stay away from him. As we talked the other day...you have too much to offer those around you to waste your time with this guy

CoachJenK :

beyond disrespectful

Customer :

Exactly. So the problem is that I am a smoker and I smoke in the beer garden and he is there so it is a small area of the bar. When he is there next time and if he says hello me then I think I should ignore.

Customer :

So he gets the message.

CoachJenK :

or just a cordial hello and then turn back to your group

Customer :

or with a cool facial expression e.g :-)

Customer :

So he knows that I know what is going on.

CoachJenK :

flat expression..cool hello and then turn away

Customer :

No answer back is best.

Customer :

If he comes back to me more and more then I know he fancies me and will tell him to back off.

CoachJenK :

yes tell him you are just not interested!

Customer :

I know oh dear!

Customer :

Have a good Easter!

Customer :

Speak soon.

Customer :

[This is like my secret advisor!] lol

CoachJenK :

lol. you too. I am here for you always as you advisor! :-)

Customer :

Thanks and goodbye.

CoachJenK :

goodbye. have a great day