Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  Experienced in counseling all age persons on relationship issues.

Why is my husband acting like he doesnt love me?

Customer Question

Why is my husband acting like he doesn't love me?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Howard Wise replied 4 years ago.
Hi, this is Howard,

Can you tell me how he is acting?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What his he not telling me? I don't understand.. What is really in his heart? I have thrown my every last thought and feeling out honestly to my husband, he has not really said much. We have been separated for almost three weeks now. I can tell by his act...
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.

No one knows why he is behaving a certain way but him. He may be acting passive aggressively and this is a sign of something deeper. Sometimes people do not express their feelings directly so they choose to express that through their actions. You can only try to approach him about his behavior and why he is behaving this way. It is not beneficial to guess or try to figure out his purpose. Tell him that you feel that his feelings are different and to explain to you why he is being distant. That gives him an opening to explain why he is feeling negatively. He may not feel that he loves you less but is expressing a problem that you may or may not know about. Do your relationship a favor and find out what the real problem is. You can offer to attend couples counseling since you are actually separated. That is the perfect time to have a professional intervene to see if the relationship can get back on track.

Please press accept; this is the only way I am compensated

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I asked him to go with me for us to see a professional. He said no.. Please help me. He just said tonight we cant live together. He wants a divorce.. I believe i have a gift as well. I just need some help. Why??
Expert:  Dr. Bonnie replied 4 years ago.
So his actions are saying that he does not love you anymore...won't see a counselor, does not want to live together, wants a divorce. It seems like there may be someone else involved. You may need to move on in the grieving process, get angry and then accept the have better times ahead.....without him. Step back from it and let yourself see your positive future.

Warm regards,
Expert:  Guests replied 4 years ago.
talk to him about this. asked him if that is what he really want. talk about all matters. ask him what happened to him. why he'd changed all of a sudden.