Howard Wise
Howard Wise, Counselor
Experience:  Counseling with a compassionate ear and a loving heart.
66386897

I want an opinion on whether I am right or wrong in a situation

I want an opinion on whether I am right or wrong in a situation with my boyfriend. I was in the hospital for a severe kidney infection and when I got out, I had a migraine on top of my infection from the morphine as well as a fever. I needed the antibiotics and pain killers that I was prescribed. My boyfriend thought it was more important to help his friend, which is his exgirlfriends uncle, move some stuff than to get me my medicines or help me when I was sick as a dog. He didn't come home until 8 which was 12 hours of pain and suffering and fever and vomiting for me, and he went to bed. I tried to wake him up and he got mad at me and said it wasn't the end of the world, and I couldn't get my meds anymore till morning cuz the pharmacy was closed which at this point I was in extreme pain and throwing up every 30 minutes. I told him to get out of my house and he hasn't called yet. What should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Howard Wise replied 4 years ago.
Hi, this is Howard,

I'm sorry to hear about the terrible experience you had when you returned home from the hospital. I am appalled by your boyfriend's behavior! He showed absoutely no concern for your suffering and did absolutely nothing to help you.

If my wife had an ordinary headache, and we were out of aspirns, I wouldn't think twice about dropping whatever I was doing to go to the drugstore and get her some aspirins. This is how someone behaves when the person he loves is in pain.

You asked what you should do. I stronglyy encourage you to reevaluate your relationship with this man. Is he really the kind of person you want to spend the rest of your life with? Can you rely on him to be there when you need him? The answer is "no." He is not done being a "jerk" to you. He will continue being a jerk if you let him back into your house and into your life.