psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

How many happy marriages/total marriages do you think there

How many happy marriages/total marriages do you think there are? what are the factors? Similar interests, similar upbringing"\? What constitutes a good relationship? What is the amount of frustration/happiness a person expect to have? I may have realistic or unrealistic expectations of a relationship. It's very hard, and yet what keeps me in is that i know that most relationships are not easy... I am not attracted to men that are super easy going... perhaps if i were, my relationship would be easier...?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.

I don't know how many marriages there are exactly that are happy but I would hope it would be most of them. I think couples have happiness or frustration that is dictated by the quality of the relationship. If the relationship has the qualities that it needs to succeed then the partners feel this happiness. Relationships are never easy but they are all we have for this emotional connection. Everyone has their own expectations about what they want or need from a relationship. However fundamental qualities should be there. These usually include honesty, companionship, trust, common interests, happiness, communication and responsibility.

You have to take a chance on any relationship. But if there isn't strong communication and trust as a foundation then it doesn't work. If you argue early in the relationship and there isn't significant conflict resolution then a relationship cannot flourish later. Decide what are healthy attractions so that you don't waste your time with superficial relationships

Please press accept