TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Professional Coach

my boyfriend broke up with me and immediately wanted to know

my boyfriend broke up with me and immediately wanted to know if we ccould be friends why?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 years ago.

CoachJenK :

Hi. Welcome

CoachJenK :

It is clear to me that he has feelings for you and most likely feels bad for breaking up so wants to know whether a friendship can happen to make himself feel better about the break-up. What are your feelings about the break up and remaining friends?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He did this to me after I caught him out with another girl. He became very angry and said he could not be around me anymore. After that he wondered if I could be friends absolutely not. I felt insulted.
ahhh now I see. thank you for giving me more information. I commend you for having that wonderful boundary. You deserve more than that and I am glad you think so as well. Sounds like he wants the best of both cheat but still have you in his life in friendship. I am with you on this and as i said I commend you for having that boundary and for taking care of yourself.
Now the work is to begin your healing so you can move on and trust others to have a mutual, caring and respectful relationship. Let me know how else I can provide support.