Doctor Kevin
Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience:  24 years in a private practice

What do you say when someone says "tell me you miss me" "tell

Customer Question

What do you say when someone says "tell me you miss me" "tell me you love me", "why won't you tell me you love me?" "why won't you tell me you miss me"
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Doctor Kevin replied 2 years ago.

Kevin Kappler :

thank you for choosing just answer. When someone suffers from insecurity they are convince that they are unlovable and they seek reassurance from their emotional support system. Your problem is a realization that no matter how many time you verbalize your feeling towards this person they still want more. This is because they have a voice side say that they are no good and that you said you love them half an hour ago but you probably don't now. That is the reason why they need constant assurance. What you can do for this type of person is to suggest that they see a therapist to help them realize that if you say that you love them half an hour ago that you still love them.they need to find other ways to establish what is called object constancy where you is their love object remains constant in their mind despite all of their internal criticism. Constant reassurance will only increase the necessity of constant reassurance

Kevin Kappler :

I see that you are off-line. If my answer is sufficient please click the accept button so that I may be paid. You can continue to ask questions after that

Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience: 24 years in a private practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
advice good grammar bad
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Was my advice helpful? would you use this service again?