TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

So I asked her out on date and basically she rejected my offer

Customer Question

So I asked her out on date and basically she rejected my offer and told me she sees me as more like a brother. I told her that was no problem and I was just curious. I value our friendship more than anything in the world to let this get in the way. She was very happy I said that. Even though this was not the answer I wanted, I can not begin to tell you how relieved I am. It feels like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders! Thank you so much for all your help, and if I ever need any advice in this category somewhere down the line, you'll be the first person I go to :)
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 years ago.
Good morning,Customer I am sorry to hear about her response as I know that is not the outcome you wanted. I am happy that you feel okay about it and are relieved. Keep being the gentleman you are and the next girl you have an interest in might just turn out differently. Rejection can be painful so allow yourself to feel what you feel. It is also a time of growth...be proud that you took the risk, were willing to think outside the box to do something fun for her. You have the ability to be fun, loving and thoughtful and those are great traits.
I am always here so please come back anytime. i am here to support you.
Jen