psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

A girl that i was going out with for three and a half years

Customer Question

A girl that i was going out with for three and a half years broke up with me because she wants to experiment with dating girls. She tells me that in two years after college she will definetly get back together with me. She still acts the same way towards me as she did before we broke up and we are still having intimate relations. Also she is now avoiding my question about how she feels about me. She is also very important to me and is my best friend. I want to know if I should wait for her to go through this phase or should i move on?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.

I think you should consider ending this relationship for several reasons. If she wants to experiment with dating girls then she is having second thoughts about her sexuality. She could be bisexual or a lesbian and there may not be a place for you in this scenario. The other reason is if she is avoiding questions about her feelings then that is probably a sign that she doesn't know how she feels about you. In a healthy relationship people know how they feel and they know what they want. She seems to not know either. This is a sign that her feelings aren't as strong as you want them to be. That could mean disaster as you put in more time and things don't work out. If she is saying you need to wait 2 years from now that says that you have to wait for a commitment for that long while she experiments sex with other people. She needs to know what she wants before a relationship can be successful. If you try it her way you will be waiting on the sidelines for years. Make a decision to let her go at least until she knows what she wants.

Please press accept or provide feedback; that is the only way I am compensated

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i just wanted to say thank you because this helps me out a lot
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.
I am always here