psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I have a friend who thinks that her guy friend is her soulmate.

I have a friend who thinks that her guy friend is her soulmate. Truth to be told he is using her everyother weekend. Now he has a girlfriend. She stalks him drives past his house, still calls him, wants to try to get him to sleep with her. When he did get this girlfriend she was plotting to do damage to his house because she was so mad. She was willing to break the law to find out who the new gf was. Everyone has told her a thousand times he was using her before. She never listened,. But these drastic things she has said (even though hasn’t done yet) what is going on? Is she mentally unstable should people be scared? She has checked his mailbox before also. Ori s she just hurt by this man?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 2 years ago.

What you are describing is someone who can't accept that a relationship is over and instead she is trying to "win" the battle with the girlfriend. This is not normal. We as human beings usually are wounded but we move naturally to a place where we heal the wound and move on. She is obsessed with this person and it is leading her to make negative decisions that are consuming her. We at times call this type of person a borderline personality. The best known example is the lead actress in the movie Fatal Attraction. Even if she would not go to that extent the ability to remain focused on a relationship that is over this is still borderline behavior. In this case you won't stop her until she tires of her own behavior. They can be dangerous if they will go to dangerous lengths. The only person who knows is her.

Please press accept or provide feedback; this is the only way I am compensated

psychlady, Counselor
Experience: I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues