Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

i am in a long distance relationship and i am alot older than

i am in a long distance relationship and i am alot older than my partner. we both feel that we have found our soulmate and have talked about marriage. something has changed in the relationship and i went to see him but he wouldn't meet me. he wouldn't tell me why but carries on as if i didn't go. we have been together since november. he still says he feels the same but it just seems that we just text each other and it is not progressing
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 2 years ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear friend,

So many people, when they lose that loving feeling towards a person with whom they have been involved, are very afraid to tell the other person that this has happened. Somtimes they do not even know themselves or think that it is just a temporary thing, that they are feeling down about something, and that the feeling will come back.

Sometimes the feeling does come back.

In the long term, however, actions speak louder tnan words. He hecan tell you anything, but if you travel a long distance to see him and he won't see you, then he doesn't want to face you. If you think someone is your soul mate then you see them no matter what.

He is afraid to face you person-to-person, for then you would know the truth. He could't lie to your face and he knows that. Texting is safe and impersonal.

You have been separted for 3 or 4 months. It seems to me that although it may not be "officially" over, since he hasn't the courage to end it, it seems that it is over. He is waiting for you to end it completely. If you give him any idea that you are still hopeful, then he will be too cowardly to end it.

Search your heart. Look at all of the signs. He won't see you, he won't talk to you, he won't answer your questions. If you believe it is over, then end it and move forward with your life. If not you will just be stuck with nothing but false hope

I wish you courage and success in moving ahead and getting unstuck.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.