Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

I want to know how to confront someone that was very close

Customer Question

I want to know how to confront someone that was very close to my heart and decided to cut all contact with me without giving me a reason for the disconnection???
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 years ago.

CoachJenK :

Hi. I see that you have tried several ways to get back in touch with this person. There wasn't any sitaution you can think of that caused the break?

CoachJenK :

You and I have chatted before. Welcome back.

I always believe in taking the high road. Even if this has been painful for you and you have tried to reach back out without success for getting any type of explanation I still believe that if you run into this person the best way is to give a warm smile, say hello and move on from there. It may feel like you want to say something to get understanding or an explanation but I usually like to recommend the pleasant and warm response. How does that feel for you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 4 years ago.
I believe that if the person was very close to your heart then it would be good to just ask them if he would have some time to talk. Just speak honestly and respectfully. Let them know how you feel about them and express to them that you would like to know if you did something to upset them for them cutting off contact with you. If you both had a good relationship and this person was special to you then I believe it would be good to do this. However, if this person wants nothing to do with you or is rude then you should appreciate the times you did have, learn, then try to heal and move on. I hope this was helpful and please let me know if you need clarification! Thanks
Please let me know if you would like any clarification before accepting my answer. Thanks so much!