Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

I am 34 years old. I have been having sex for about 17 years.

Customer Question

I am 34 years old. I have been having sex for about 17 years. I have 2 healthy little girls by 2 differnt women. I've never been married. I don't tend to date girls for very long although I have had 2 girlfriends for over a year. I'm not the marriage type. I have had unprotected sex with lots of girls. I don't like condoms although I'm much more responsible now. I've never been tested for an std and no girl has ever told me she has or has had one. I've never seen signs of one from a girl. I've never had symptoms of one. How likely is it that I have an std at this point?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 4 years ago.
Hello. What is causing you to worry about it at this point? Honestly, unless you get tested, you will never know for 100%. If you are being responsible and using condoms now, your chances of not having one, based on what you said is probably pretty good.
As I said, there is no way to be 100% unless you get tested, but if you have no signs and no girls have told you they contracted anything form you, you are most likely in the clear.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 4 years ago.
If you do not have signs then I would say your chances are slim. However, the fact that you was with a lot of girls unprotected you may as well have something that has no symptoms. There are diseases and infections that do not show up unless they are in later stages. I would suggest getting a full blood work done to check various infections. That way you do not need to worry and you will put your mind at ease. Hope this was helpful! I hope everything works out well for you!
Please let me know if you would like any clarification before accepting my answer. Thanks so much!