psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

Im an almost 38yr. old Aries in an on again true love relationship with 57yr. old Pi

I'm an almost 38yr. old Aries in an on again true love relationship with 57yr. old Pisces. I'm a recovering alcoholic (4+yrs. sober) He still drinks occasionally and was verbally abusive in the past, hence our year apart. We are going to make it work this time, but he wants children. Should we marry and have a child? I'm sure we'd be excellent parents, but we're old and I have misgivings.

I am not an astrologer but I think that you should be with anyone that makes you happy. If you are sure that you have worked out your differences then you may consider a reunion but consider that what is an issue in the past may be an issue again in the future. People who are verbally abusive don't usually eliminate that behavior unless there is some sort of intervention. If you are going to marry then you have to consider that this is a possibility. It is possible that the breakup changed his ways but it is also possible that this is a honeymoon period. That is where people are on their best behavior until they are sure that the relationship is back on track. I suggest you follow your heart. You should also discuss your feelings with him. As far as children that is a very personal decision. If you think you are comfortable raising a child at your age then you are free to do so. People are becoming parents later and it has become very acceptable. Talk about all of this with him and make a joint decision.

Please press accept; this is the only way I am compensated