Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
13551071

hi... i recently moved from Australia to the UK, as my parents

hi...
i recently moved from Australia to the UK, as my parents moved..
i was going out with a guy in Aus, and thought it would be easy to forget & move on, even though i did love him. I had no idea it would be this hard though. It's been 6 Months now and we are now back to talking as if we are a couple again! over the 6 months i tried seeing other people, talking to him as a friend, not talking to him at all and nothing works. He tells me he still misses me an loves me. We are both still so young and i don't want to make any drastic decisions..but its making me very down at times and non motivated, effecting my life here in the UK. Seriously messing with my head! especially when he says he loves me and wishes things were the way they were - send me valentines but then i see other girls posting stuff on his page online..usually i wouldn't mind this or would be able to mention it but because i'm so far away it really works me up more than it should and i let my imagintaion run wild . I need advice on what the hell to say to him and make myself clear..or advice on how to approach my situation. Thankyou
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 2 years ago.
Long distance relationships are difficult. I think you first need to determine exactly what you want with this relationship and see what he wants. If you both are are together then you need to communicate with him about the postings. However, if you are not in a relationship then he has every right to do what he wants. Unfortunately any decision you make whether it be together or not will be very difficult. I think it is best to stay in communications and take it step by step as time goes on and you will adjust to your new life and see what you want to do about your relationship with him. If it is meant to be it will be one way or another or you may see that you prefer to stay friends and in time you will get over him. That depends on how close you were when you left. Take it day by day and do not worry. Remember communication is key and time to see what you really want to do. I think you are doing the right thing in not making drastic decisions and you can communicate those feelings as well. I wish you all the best!
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience: I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.